Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bloody Scholarships

right after spm results release day, those who haven't start college (including me) started to immerse themselves in doing research, going edu fair, attending colleges' open day, filling application form, rushing for deadlines, blah blah blah... i went for TARC open day on 9th march, and was quite satisfy with the courses, fees, facilities, and future pathway offered there. and i just submitted the application form today. as far as i know, quite a lot of my friends are eyeing for UTAR or TARC. and a few of my friends and cousins advised me not to go TARC because they said it's not good enough. (especially TARC formal student XD) haha. whatever la, my parents think it is not bad, and so do i.
.
by the time, my parents asked me to apply all the scholarships that i think is suitable. (as if i only need 5 minutes for every application) so i did. khazanah, jpa, bank negara. and currently still trying on hongleong, asean, shell, etc... feel damn frus on all these scholarships. actually i'm only eyeing for any scholarships that can offer me full tuition fees for whole course duration, which means all 2 or 4 years, instead of only 1 year. before this i hope i can get a sholarship which can sponser me to further studies at UK, but now, i felt differently. let's imagine, IF tomorrow i get a call from whatever-organisation telling me that i'm offered a full scholarship to UK, and i have to prepare myself because the departure date is like, 1 or 2 months later. how will i feel? what will i react? yes, it's true that i will feel super excited because it's always my dream to get myself an exposure to oversea, especially UK. but can i really put down all the things here in such a short time so easily? my family, my friends, my home, my interest... a slip of mind on being apart with them makes me feel hard to live. but still, one reason why i am so reluctant to apply for all these scholarships is because the process is really frustrating! 1st, fill in the application forms which i need to include old old information and couln't bare to make a single mistake. 2nd, prepare all the CERTIFIED photostated certificates, even translated copies, sometimes. 3rd, i just found one which i am required to write a short essay on why i deserve this scholarship.
.
damn damn damn. @$$%^^&&. sorry, i just couln't help myself from repeating lots of unknown foul language, but only quietly in my heart la. bloody scholarships! i will definitely force myself to bang my head on the wall if i failed to receive even HALF of what i had applied. XD
.
-kaiwei-

No comments: